Friday, May 18, 2012

Transitions

Well I'm not very good at transition times so I'm thankful that I only have a few more days until I start my Internship (3 days!!!). Transitions make me sad for the part that I'm leaving and anxious for the future. I'm really excited to start my summer internship but also, of course, a little anxious. What will it be like? Will I make friends? Will I like the work? Will my managers and co-workers like me? Will I be over my head? I know that these are things that will only be answered in time but sometimes it is hard not to wonder what it really will be like. - I'll let you know how it goes next week :p
        School was really great this semester. While I haven't gotten all of my grades back yet I think I did well in my classes. It is easy to tell which class I loved... I got a 99.9% in my photography class! wow! I'm sad to see that class be done. I had a lot of fun learning new ways to take pictures, how to set up my camera to have higher quality photos (lower ISO) and to really look at what is in each photo before I hit the button.
        Even though I was taking 18 credits this semester it didn't feel like that heavy of a load. None of my classes were work heavy which was so good. I was able to participate in my Wednesday night Bible study group and I'm proud to announce that I have made the decision to be the student leader next year. Mostly this means organizing the study. Getting a student organizations started so we can meet on campus, scheduling the use of a room on campus, letting everyone now where we are meeting and things like that. While Gary, or other teachers come to bring us a new message. If there is a night when a teacher isn't able to come I may teach occasionally but not every week. Setting up the student organization is taking a little more time than I had expected but that's alright since I don't have to have it done till fall when we start.

This week since I had some time off and was home during the day I was able to get pictures of my father in law planting a corn field. I hope you enjoy my second ever time-laps photography movie.


(Pictures were taken every 8 seconds for about an hour and a half)

No comments:

Post a Comment