Tuesday, December 6, 2011

James 1:22 and 27

This morning I finally got myself to have a quite time with God... now I don't mean that I sat and waited to hear His audible voice or anything like that... I simply put on some worship music and took out my notebook and wrote down a prayer. I thanked Him for things and then laid my needs in front of Him. (It helps me to write my prayers because I seam to be able to concentrate more fully that way.) Then I opened my bible and did a little reading. Today I read the first chapter in James. And there were a few verses that hit me.

The first was James 1:22 which says
 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

This hit me a little because I have felt the last few weeks that in many ways my relationship with Christ is more of an empty ritual filled religion. That I am simply going through the motions and perhaps missing a bigger point.

As I kept reading I felt that James 1:27 answered my question in many ways.
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained from the world"

God doesn't want us to simply study and read the bible. He wants us to DO the bible. To fallow its directions and to fallow the example that Christ has laid out before us. To be servants to those around us and to those in need.
I don't know how that is going to look in my life but I am going to be searching for what that could look like. So if you have any suggestions please let me know.



Alright, so I am sure that you would all love an update on my life as well. I have still been very busy with school. I have 2 weeks left until I have Christmas break and I can't wait for that break :D We got our Christmas tree set up and last night we put the ornaments on :D It is nice to have the house look a little more festive for the holidays :)
I have been sick with a bad cold and cough for the last two weeks but I am finally starting to get better so it has been nice to get some energy back so I can clean and cook real meals again.

The snow has been beautiful and I am amazed at Gods power; To think that he designed and made the clouds produce snow. Here are a few pictures from when the snow came :)








 If you would like to see my facebook albums of pictures even if you don't have facebook you can see them through these two links :)
Facebook - Fun with Photography
Facebook - O the work of His hands




No comments:

Post a Comment