Friday, October 14, 2011

A much needed weekend is finally here

It seams that I only have time to update this on the weekends. During the week I am very busy with classes, homework and when I can find the time cooking/baking. This last week on Tuesday I made Banana muffins and since I had made them once before I didn't check the recipe when the crumble topping only asked for flour butter and cinnamon. Instead of placing the brown sugar I put it the cupcake mix and when the muffins came out of the oven I knew my mistake. I bit into one expecting moist goodness only to be greeted by dry flour crumble topping. Needless to say my muffins now look a little strange as I cut the tops off of them to save everyone else from eating the dry flour top.

I had a Differential Equations test today. I studied for hours yesterday and this morning got up at 6:30 so that i might get some more understanding. I honestly have no idea how I did. I Answered a few of the questions without knowing how to prove my answer and when talking to one of my classmates afterword I had a few answers that were very different from his. I hope that our professor will have them graded by Monday but as he has 50+ students who just took the same test and it is Friday. I would be surprised if he had them done on Monday.

This morning when I was getting ready to sit down to study I looked out the window and saw a beautiful sunrise. It took my breath away. It was so brilliantly orange and pink. I went outside and took a few pictures of it. I have yet to figure out how to take good sunrise pictures with my camera. The colors seem to be a little different than what my eyes saw.


I still have a lot of homework to do this weekend :( And I am not sure when it is going to get done. Tomorrow Pam and I are going to paint the entryway as the underlayment for the floor was laid this last week and the new linoleum will be put in on Tuesday. I am excited to have the entry done. It is going to look so crisp and clean once we are done and the fresh paint is on the walls.

My sister Kristin may be coming up tomorrow evening to spend some time hanging out and the she would spend the night in our guest bedroom :) and head of to work on Sunday.

So this weekend should be full of the fun and the not-so-fun homework :)

until next time ~ Kaitlin

Ephesians 6:10-13
Finally be strong in the Lord and in the Strength of his might
put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand
against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against 
flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against
the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore,
take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to
withstand in the evil day, having done all to stand firm.

(this week's memory verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment