Monday, October 24, 2011

Women of Faith

This last weekend I attended the Women of Faith conference in the Twin cities and it was a lot of fun :) I went with Pam, Holly, Tara, Kelsey and my cousins on Andy's side. It was fun to see everyone and get to know them a little more. The conference was a lot of fun and an encouraging time. All the parenting stories made me glad that I do not have the busy life of a mother. But I must be starting to get the mothering bug because when ever I see a baby I look forward to when I have finished school and Andy and I can start a family of my own. (Hehe, for all of you that are hoping that will be soon, I'm sorry but I don't see it a few years yet)

So what have you missed in my life this last week?

1. Last week I found out that Pam has a tripod - she is now letting me borrow it that I might take pictures of different things. So Thursday night I went out at took pictures of the Stars in the sky. I still have to figure out the perfect focus point (as you have to manually focus when taking photos of the stars) But here is two of the best ones that I got that night.



I can't wait for another clear sky that I might try again to capture the beauty of the heavens that God has made for us. My breath was taken away as I stared up at the sky while waiting for the 30 second exposures to be completed.

2. Last week we got our new flooring in the Entry way and new paint on the walls :D and it looks so wonderful.


3. In my metals class so far I have made a metal box with lid out of sheet metal and last week I finished my spindle which isn't due for several weeks. 


There are several other things that I'm sure you've missed like my finally catching up on dishes and getting them all clean last night, my actually cooking a meal the last two nights (tonight is a noodle and ground beef hot dish), And that this last week I have felt closer to the Lord in many ways that I didn't expect. He has given me such joy and I got some unexpected time to spend in prayer with him Monday morning (8am class was canceled) which was an awesome way to start last week.

For this week my to do list is:
     1. Homework
     2. Find a thin bible concordance that I could put in the back of my bible (mine doesn't have one)
     3. Pray more than I did last week
     4. Memorize another bible scripture

I pray that you have a blessed week and I am sure you will hear from me again next weekend :)
~Kaitlin



No comments:

Post a Comment