Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More Stars!

Last night was the first clear night in a while where I actually had time to go out and take some pictures. So that is what I did... and I got some great pictures. However i didn't realize till near the end of my photo shoot that i had my ISO setting way too low for taking pictures of the stars so that was disappointing as I know that some of these pictures could have been way better. But here are a few of the good ones that I got.




Above is a 3.5 min exposure and below is a 11 min exposure. It took a lot of patients to not stop these pictures. I wanted to see what they looked like so bad! But I knew that for them to turn out I would need to wait. for the 11 min one I actually went back into the house and started supper while I waited.




It was fun to take these pictures and I can't wait for another clear night :)

this last weekend Andy and I were sick :( I missed school on Friday because of it but Andy isn't one to stay home from work so he hasn't rested at all. While I feel almost all better he is still fighting a sore throat and a cough :(

Friday night my Mom and sister Kalli came up from Milwaukee. We went out to eat and then to a concert by the Sue Orfield Band at the Mabel Tainter.


It was a lot of fun to see my mom and this band was really fun to watch and listen to :D

On Saturday I spent all day cleaning and then I was able to ride with Andy in the dump truck as he hauled corn from the field to his grain bin. While I cleaned I listened to my audio bible on my ipod. I cleaned long enough to listen all the way through Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and part way into Deuteronomy! That’s 8 hours of the bible :) I love the fact that I can get into the word while doing other things. Of course I don’t get as much out of it as when reading it but it helps me to get some of it into my mind and soul.

I have another week full of homework and.... on Friday I have an Interview for a summer internship! I am so excited and so very nervous. It is with a company that would allow me to work as if I am already an engineer in many ways and I would be able to design things and work hands on with their products.

Also, tomorrow I am meeting with my academic adviser to talk with him about the possibility of me doing a quality engineering minor. This is kinda a big deal for me because it will most likely mean that i will have to push my graduation back a semester. My goal has always been to get done in 4 years so giving that up is a hard thing to swallow.


(feel free to comment below I would love to hear your feedback )

No comments:

Post a Comment