Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall is on its way


Fall is coming to the country side, the trees are just starting to turn colors. I can't wait for the beauty of fall to be here. I love the colors of the trees during this season and I am looking forward to capturing it all with my camera in fun new ways.

This week was once again busy, I did about 5 hours of homework on Tuesday, on Wednesday I had class 8 to 5 and brought a friend to Prepare bible study, she seemed to really like it and I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do in her heart. Thursday I made lunch for the guys (Andy, Don and Reed), did a little bit of homework and bought the ESV Audio book Bible.
         I used the Bible yesterday and I love it, I'm excited to have the opportunity to listen to the word on my way to and from school, and my goal is to have the whole bible listened to at least once by the end of the school year, though I would love to have it all listened to by the end of the year! :D

I discovered the best chicken I've had in a long time this week! it is a baked chicken with homemade barbecue sauce. here is the recipe from cooks.com
     Chicken parts (breasts, legs, drumsticks)
1/2 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. mustard
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
Bake chicken pieces at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Drain off fat. Combine above ingredients for sauce. Bring to a low boil. Cover chicken with sauce and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
I used chicken quarters and cooked the sauce on top for 30 min instead of the 15 and it became almost like a glaze and was really good :P (probably my favorite chicken)

Today I am going to be working on a lot of homework, I have 3 tests next week and two projects due at the end of the week so it will once again be a busy week :p

At some point this week I would like to process some apples and then barrow Pam's dehydrator and make some dried apples :) but we will have to see how the homework goes for that one.

I'm thinking about doing a Daniel fast (only eating fruits and veggies) this week but not sure if I am up to it yet. I don't know that much about it and I think it would be really hard to have to cook two different meals every night (one for Andy and one for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment